- Genetic Study of Extremely High and Extremely Low Triglycerides
Participation involves a one-time 30-minute research visit at the MGH Main Campus with a questionnaire and a 40-cc (3 tablespoons) blood draw. No drugs or follow-up visits are required. Participants who complete the research visit will receive a $25 VISA gift card. Parking validation is also available for specified lots near the study site.
To qualify, participants must:
• Be 21 years of age or older
• Have had a measured TG cholesterol level within the past five years:
below 38mg/dL for women, 45mg/dL for men
OR above 264mg/dL for women, 350mg/dL for men
• Have no history of liver disease or cirrhosis
• Have never been diagnosed with HIV
• Not be currently pregnant or nursing
• Have not taken hormone replacement therapy or niacin (except in a multivitamin) within the past year.
For more information, please contact a member of the research team at 617-724-2725 or by email at HDL@partners.org.
Institution – MGH - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Principal Investigator – Sekar Kathiresan, MD
For further information about enrolling a patient in this trial, contact the person below.
Name – Erina Kii, research coordinator
Email – HDL@partners.org
Phone – 617-724-2725